Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Christmas Adventure

On Sunday we had a wonderful Christmas adventure. After church we went to some friends and spent the afternoon searching for Christmas trees. What a great experience! It was so much fun to try to find that perfect tree, something I take very seriously. I took my time, not willing to settle with the first tree that caught my eye. The tree had to pass the rigorous "5 point Trammel inspection" before I would dare let it into my home and give it the lofty title of the Family Christmas Tree. My methods were unusual and maybe even foolish to those who were with me, as I was constantly hassled for the amount of time I was taking and the large distance I was covering, but I was not moved (and I think the results speak for themselves). Christmas is serious business in the Trammel household and the tree is something that you must give the proper attention. In time, we committed to a beautiful little blue spruce and we are thrilled to share the holidays with it.

No comments: