Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Boots

On Sunday Emma finally got to wear her cow girl boots that her grandma Sherryl bought her. They finally fit her but because her legs are so short it is a little bit hard for her to walk in them.
Today when I was getting her dressed she kept exclaiming "boots!, boots!" only when she says it, it almost sounds like a bad word. I always said I would never let my kid be the kid that is wearing their boots with shorts or with an outfit that didn't match, so I tried to trick her I pulled out her converse and asked "boots or shoes" purposefully asking shoes last, thinking she would choose the shoes, but she is smarter than I expected, she continued to exclaim "boots!". So I gave in and let her wear the boots, luckily they still looked cute with what she was wearing and she was very happy. All through out the store she would point at them saying "boots", but because it sounds like a bad word I would try and distract her with other things so that people didn't think that I was a bad mother.

No comments: