Sunday, February 10, 2008

What sounds like a good idea isn't always a good idea

Every once in awhile Coy decides it would be fun if Emma slept with us. Sounds great, a sleepy cuddly baby what is better than that, I cant think of anything. I'm hesitant at first as I think back to previous times of her sleeping with us and of me waking up sore and tired from not being able to sleep, remembering how I said, " we will never do that again". But some how I am pursueded as I think of how cute and cuddly (looking) she is when she is sleeping. It all sounds so lovely but let me tell you how it really goes down. I go get her from her crib ( since we go to bed way later than her) and lay her in our bed next to Coy where she stays for only a moment because she would much rather lay with her back to me as close as she can while she rest her arm on my face. Again she rolls around at this point poking Coy in the nose and slapping him in the face (this is her new favorite thing, were trying to break her of it). Now we don't usually laugh when she does this but I must say that I did. Only because Coy was asleep (because he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow) and the slap woke him up, causing him to lift his head and ask "what"? Since she had him awake she decided like a little cat she would lay across his head, this was also funny. What is the deal, She was sound asleep when I got her what is it that causes her to be wide awake and playful when she is in our bed? Maybe it is because since she was a newborn Emma has always slept in her own bed and never in ours (well maybe 2 times). So I wrestled with her for about 15 or 20 minutes while Coy slept, I finally decided to take her back to her bed after she stood straight on the bed. I put her back in her crib she rolled onto her stomach and didn't make sound the rest of the night. I was able to do this all with out waking Coy from his slumber. I would like to state for the recorded "we will never do that again unless forced to".

4 comments:

alaina said...

That is really funny I must say...I love that Coy slept through it all.

Brooke said...

This is so hilarious - I can totally picture this!

Jesse Lusko said...

Sara you never cease to make me laugh hysterically. Just for the record If I were your child (like I have often pretended to be) I would never slap coy in the face.

sara said...

you were always a good son Jesse