Thursday, March 20, 2008

At the library


I have been wanting to check out our library and can just never find the time, but Coy actually didn't have to work at Starbucks this morning so we thought we would check it out as a family. Its a pretty nice library, located down town so its a cool old two story building, but on the inside it looks like all libraries do, old and filled with books. I think there is some rule stated in the "National rules for Libraries across America" book that says every library must have at least one librarian with short gray hair an out dated t-shirt,and pants that aren't quit capris but aren't just high waters. I swear every library I have been to has this librarian, what is really confusing to me is where do they get these pants, they must be bought at some library outfitting store because I have never seen them, and the variety of colors they come in amazes me.
Anyways it was fun to watch Emma run around overwhelmed by the amount of books that surrounded her, she absolutely loves books, if she is getting into trouble at home I can usually tell her to go get a book as she will usually listen and actually sit down and look at her books (I hope that never changes).
We got a few books for her and ones we could take and read with Alivia, I got some cook books and a book entitled "gardening for idiots" it might as well have said gardening for Sara Trammel. Emma didn't last long, we went to close to nap time and she fell asleep in Coy's arms, he really enjoyed th at because she doesn 't ever do that anymore.

No comments: