Saturday, January 19, 2008

Doing what must be done

Life is always an adventure. We all have been working really hard getting the Strand ready for service and it seems that there are not enough hours in the day. Once Sunday was over we turned our attention to the student ministry room. Painting it, cleaning it, and getting it set up. Once Wednesday night came we were rushing around finishing some last minute details. Sara put all our stuff in a room next door so the active room was free of clutter and she closed the room up. Meanwhile I'm scurrying about setting up my computer and hanging a banner. Then, I saw out of the corner of my eye... a door trying to be opened. It was at this point that I started to realize I had a problem. Sara has accidentally locked all our stuff in the room next door. This included my keys, jacket, Sara's purse, emma's things, and most importantly my teaching binder with my notes for that night. So, I immediately began to into damage control... what can I do now? Who can get me in? What is blan B for the night? After some time of asking around for the keys (which were not even in the building) and trying to pick the lock, I found myself listening to worship in the hall and trying to quietly kick a door down. Needless to say, I was not successful in the endeavor. I had to teach something completely different and without notes (which is sometimes how God likes to do things) and after service Sara tried to push the window, above the locked door, open and it broke. Which gave me the space I needed to climb in and get our things.... What a night!

2 comments:

Jesse Lusko said...

Coy I am so happy to see you wrote this blog. This truly was a blog worthy experience. I remember the franticness of that night well. Now that you have written a blog I can accept that it is coytrammel.blogspot.com rather than saraisawesome.blogspot.com or coyfails.blogspot.com. I commend you

Tori said...

Good to know what actually was going on here. Sara explained that she locked stuff up but then just said "And then I saw this" and that was it... I couldn't figure out if it was you or eric or some else and if it even related to her story... So thanks :-)